• Adam Taylor opened his second Trust Hardware in Indianapolis.
• Nation’s Best Holdings has acquired Simms Lumber, with two stores in Texas.
• Nabors Do it Best Home Center has acquired C & D Lumber Co. in Amory, Miss.
• Vassar Building Center opened a new 20,000 sq. ft. home center in Vassar, Mich. Do it Best CEO Dan Starr joined Vassar Building Center co-owners Mike and Brenda MacKay to celebrate the grand opening.
• Steve Burggraf will be opening his 10th Burggraf’s Ace Hardware in Rochester, Minn.
• Manhattan Ace Hardware opened in Manhattan, Mont.
• Steve and Cathy LeGrand opened Ace Hardware & Home in Wayne, Neb.
• Randy’s Do it Best Hardware is opening its fourth store in Ruckersville, Va.
• Outdoor Supply Hardware has opened in Paso Robles, Calif.
• US LBM opened a new store in Lakeland, Fla.
• The Porter family opened Porters Ace Hardware in Smithville, Mo.
• Crown Ace Hardware has acquired Silverado Ace Hardware in Calistoga, Calif., from Mark and Tim Petersen.
• Clark Porter, owner of two Ace Hardware stores in New York, is acquiring Noble Ace Hardware in Watertown, N.Y.
• Shane Wells is opening his second store, Amory Hardware in Amory, Miss.
• Bill and Carrie Babiash are the new owners of Merrill Ace Hardware in Merrill, Wis.
• David Jolly of Metzger’s Hardware in Los Alamos, N.M., was honored with the 2020 Citizen Leadership Award from the International Economic Development Council.
• Carr Hardware donated more than $8,500 worth of personal protective equipment to three local school districts through its “Round-up for the Schools” campaign.
• Jim Wieder is celebrating the 65th anniversary of Hayward Hardware in Hayward, Calif.
• Chalmers Hardware & Embroidery in Galveston, Texas, is marking its 60th anniversary.
• Ed and Susan Harry are marking the 25th anniversary of Orbisonia True Value Hardware in Orbisonia, Pa.
• Herrick Hardware in Southampton, N.Y., is marking its 155th anniversary.
• Overland Hardware Co. in Overland, Mo., is celebrating its 65th anniversary.
• Kortendick Ace Hardware was named Best Hardware Store in Racine, Wis., by readers of The Journal Times.
People on the Move:
• Do it Best Corp. has promoted Chris Beach to member growth manager and hired Taylor Tiernon as associate merchandise manager-hardware.
• Murray Bishop has been promoted to director of sales at STIHL Inc., succeeding Steve Meriam, who retired after 35 years there.
• The Home Depot has named Edward “Ted” Decker chief operating officer and promoted Ann Marie Campbell to executive vice president of U.S. stores and international operations; Jeff Kinnaird to executive vice president of merchandising and Michael Rowe to president of Home Depot Canada.
• Costello’s Ace Hardware has hired Ken Goodgame as senior vice president of merchandising.
Wholesalers in the News:
• Emery Jensen has launched a new turnkey merchandising program to help specialty retailers grow their business called XPRESS Hardware, available in 800, 1,200 and 1,800 square feet formats.
• Orgill Inc. announced plans to forgo its in-person 2021 Spring Dealer Market and proceed with a more flexible approach to its physical shows and conferences starting next year that will incorporate online, live and hybrid events. Click here for more.
• True Value Company has notified all retail customers that it is implementing a 1% surcharge on all warehouse orders for the rest of the year due to the capacity and transportation challenges the industry is facing because of COVID-19.
• House-Hasson Hardware has announced that its January 28-29, 2021 dealer market will be a virtual market.
• Midwest Fastener has acquired Hy-Ko Products. The combined company will offer 75,000 SKUs from eight distribution, manufacturing, packaging and headquarters facilities.
For the Full Story:
• For highlights of the 2020 Taiwan Excellence Hardware Showcase click here.
The Hardware Connection is a digital magazine targeted to independent hardware/home improvement retailers. It is the only industry magazine designed and distributed solely in electronic format and currently reaches over 60,000 people in the two-step channel.
The Hardware Connection publishes four Newsletters each year in addition to eight magazine issues.
To sign up yourself or additional staff to a free subscription to receive The Hardware Connection magazine and newsletter in electronic format, please click here.