STIHL Inc. has announced the recent launch of the STIHL iCADEMY® learning management system. The new and improved free web-based training platform, primarily designed for independent STIHL dealers and their employees, is also accessible for vocational training. The enhanced platform boasts more than 350 courses, covering a range of topics from safety and maintenance training to new product features and benefits.
Uniquely STIHL Dealer Training
“We believe it is important to offer our network of more than 10,000 STIHL dealers the tools and training resources they need to sell and service STIHL products. That’s why we offer hundreds of online technical and sales training courses in addition to several levels of in-person training options as part of our STIHL MasterWrench Service® program,” said Jennifer Harr, STIHL Inc. sales training supervisor. “Our founder, Andreas Stihl, believed that a chain saw is only as good as the service that comes with it. This program helps STIHL dealers deliver on that promise to their customers.”
The new training platform makes it easier than ever for users to enroll in courses, monitor progress and unlock different levels of the STIHL MasterWrench Service® program. Specific curriculums are assigned based on the user’s job title. Since its launch last year, more than 690,000 training courses were completed, a 40 percent increase over the previous year.
Free Vocational School Training Resource
In an effort to help foster the next generation of skilled trade workers, STIHL also offers vocational schools curated content within the STIHL iCADEMY® training catalog for instructional purposes. Today, more than 720 vocational schools across the country have access to these free tools and resources to support their instructional programs.
Vocational school instructors and students alike can include their STIHL iCADEMY® course and curriculum completions on a resume for future employment opportunities—whether at a STIHL dealer or otherwise.
Enhanced Platform Features:
The new STIHL iCADEMY® site offers innovative features and increased functionality designed with dealers, as well as vocational instructors and students in mind. New features make it easier than ever for users to find and complete the training they need. The new online platform features:
- Intuitive and Responsive Design – Whether users complete training from a desktop, tablet or mobile device, the new site detects the screen size and changes the layout accordingly, improving user experience.
- Search Function Capability – Quickly find a specific training course, reference materials, recall information, catalogs or specialty manuals.
- “Top Picks” Carousel – Displays the most relevant course recommendations based on the user’s course history powered by algorithms and interaction over time.
- Training Calendar – View and sign up for available in-person training events.
- Transcript – A personalized transcript helps users manage their training.Depending on the training status, users can register, launch and perform a variety of training functions directly from their transcript.
STIHL dealer employees can contact their territory manager for more information. Vocational instructors interested in the platform can request access here: www.STIHLiCADEMY.com.