In the News

Randy’s Do it Best Hardware Reopens After Fire

Randy’s Do it Best Hardware held a grand reopening for its store in Mt. Jackson, Va., after a devastating fire.

Randy’s Do it Best Hardware hosted a grand reopening event on Saturday, November 26, at their new store location at 5836 Main Street in Mt. Jackson, Va. The previous Randy’s Hardware location, which had been a mainstay of the Mt. Jackson community for 70 years, was completely destroyed by an overnight fire on February 26, 2022.

Randy’s Do it Best Hardware is owned by the Andes and Herrick families.

After confirming that everyone was safe, the leadership team immediately began making plans to rebuild, committing their time and effort to maintaining the store’s legacy. Loyal customers informed the Randy’s Hardware leadership team about a local grocery store that would soon be closing permanently.

With help from the local community, the team transformed the former grocery store into a bigger hardware store than the one they lost, which opened its doors for business just 100 days after the fire with expanded product lines and categories to better serve customers.

The community came out to show their support for Randy’s Do it Best Hardware.

The grand reopening event was hosted to show appreciation to the Mt. Jackson community for their continued support of the store. The event featured free food and drinks supplied by local supports, door prizes, giveaways, product discounts and more.

Local vendors’ products were featured for sale, including Alexander Brothers’ leather goods and cutting boards, Tom Rodriguez’s custom birdhouses and Hotts Apiary. Randy’s Do it Best Hardware is a locally owned family business, owned by the Andes and Herrick families, supplying contractors and DIYers with tools, lumber, builders hardware, electrical, plumbing and heating supplies, lawn and garden products, paint and sundries, and more. They also offer repair services on a wide variety of equipment and household items.

This video provides more information about the store fire and their recovery efforts.

Related Articles

Back to top button