Epicor, a global leader of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, discussed the future of the building supply market and how businesses can take advantage of data-driven insights and people-centric technologies to gain a competitive edge during the Epicor Insights for Building Supply customer conference, which took place November 14-16 at The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz.
During the annual event, customers, partners, developers and industry influencers came together to focus on how building supply businesses are managing economic pressures, addressing labor challenges and driving greater visibility across their supply chains. They also learned about the latest updates to the Epicor Industry ERP Cloud portfolio—including Epicor BisTrack, Epicor LumberTrack and Epicor Warehouse Management System (WMS)—to help building supply companies optimize operations and grow their businesses.
In fact, according to the IDC White Paper, sponsored by Epicor, “The Business Value of Epicor Software for Building Supply Companies,” building supply companies that use Epicor technologies have realized benefits worth an annual average of $2.7 million per organization through enhanced enterprise visibility, stronger inventory management, improved financial management and ultimately higher revenues and margins.
“Like many essential industries, the future of the building supply market will be shaped by how dealers are able to leverage data-driven insights and create people-centric automations to navigate changing market conditions and drive their businesses forward,” said Epicor President Lisa Pope. “Epicor is delivering that future today, offering the capabilities our customers need to better manage supply chains, inventories and their workforce.”
At the event, Epicor introduced new offerings and features for building supply that deliver stronger user experience, improved workflows and enhanced scalability, including:
- New public cloud offerings of Epicor BisTrack and Epicor LumberTrack providing improved security, scalability, performance and data localization.
- Enhanced functionality for distributors including long lead allocations, multi-location transfers and split transfers.
- Epicor WMS features for variable width product integration with Epicor BisTrack, mobile delivery cart scanning and an improved mobile device UX.
- Epicor LumberTrack enhanced browser functionality including responsive design for mobile devices and dynamic forms.
- Previews of new order monitor and order entry functionality available in Epicor BisTrack Web.
Epicor is the established technology leader for the building supply market. Epicor serves more than 55 percent of all businesses in the Webb Analytics 2022 Construction Supply 150 index of top pro dealers by revenue in the U.S., as well as more than 75 percent of pro dealers with manufacturing. Collectively, the index represents three quarters of the nearly $550 billion construction supplies market in the U.S.