The Women in Hardware™ group launched recently by The Hardware Connection is not just for women. Whether you are a woman or a man, we encourage you to consider joining this professional network of retail owners and managers; key sales, marketing and operations managers for manufacturers and wholesalers; and their business partners from across North America.
The independent hardware channel has seen many changes over the years. The standard set-up used to be husband and wife teams, with the men typically running the front of the stores and the women running the back office. Today, more women are serving visible roles as owners, co-owners and managers of hardware stores and lumberyards, catching a little of the entrepreneurial bug.
Since there are more women active in the industry today, it makes sense that the industry come together to embrace them. Let’s support one another and help to share what we know through opportunities, experiences and our knowledge.
As a member of Women in Hardware™, you will have opportunities to share business practices and ideas with others in the industry. You will be able to network face-to-face at events. Each greet-and-learn session will focus on industry business issues, enabling you to get a takeaway business benefit. Email networking, information sharing and the ability to post questions and comments on social media for industry feedback are among the features that will be available. Most importantly, you will be able to pay it forward and give back to the industry.
If you are interested in forming more relationships within the industry and sharing your ideas on how to make our industry better, then I urge you to consider membership in Women in Hardware™. Memberships are affordably priced at $149 a year and will include the opportunity to attend events structured around major industry events (such as wholesaler shows) several times a year with a business take-away from each, a quarterly newsletter and more to come.
Who’s Eligible to Join?
• Independent Hardware Store Owners and Managers
• Vendors Involved in the Two Step Hardware Industry
• Service Providers Involved in the Two Step Hardware Industry
• Industry Professionals
• Membership benefits include 2 networking events per year held in conjunction with other industry events.
• Each event will have a business focus offering direct and immediate benefits.
• Vendor and Service Providers will have the ability to interact with business owners and others in management positions sharing experience, concerns and solutions.
• Access to Women in Hardware’s closed group on Facebook.
• While focus is on women and their opportunities, men are welcome and encouraged to participate to better understand and lend their perspective of the industry.
To sign up as a member, either email Craig Cope at Craig@thehardwareconnection or download the following pdf and return to Craig.